Announcing the Olympia Food Co-op's 10th Annual Harvest Party and Local Eats event!
Celebrate the bounty of the harvest and our local producers, bring a potluck item to share, take part in our First Annual Zuch Fest! Do you have a zucchini in your garden that got a little out of control? Bring it to our giant zucchini contest! Roll it in the zucchini derby, or bake your favorite zuch-creation for the zucchini bake-off! Details for each are below.
This year, we'll be hosting the Harvest Party at our newly remodeled, warm and welcoming Westside location -- come see our fresh new look! Check out the new expanded Wellness department! With our beautiful new floor, widened aisles, and more natural light, your friendly neighborhood store now has a more open, spacious feel. We we can't wait to see you there!
10th Annual Harvest Party and Local Eats: Sunday Sept 14th, 1p-6p. 921 Rogers St NW.
Details for the Contests:
Grow Off: Zucchinis in the Giant Zucchini contest must have been grown by the contestant.
Bake Off: Entries in the bake-off must not require refrigeration and must have been baked by the contestant.
There will be an entry table set-up for folks to sign-in. Judging will begin at 3:30, the Derby at 4:30, and the rewards ceremony right after.
Zucchini Car Derby Guidelines
Zucchini Car must be made by the participant. Adult supervision is allowed.
Cars must be created at the party on the day of the event, with supplies provided.
You may bring your own zucchini, or use one of ours.
Race Day Procedures & Rules
- Car must be no more than 10″ wide and 12″ long
- The first car to cross the finish line in each race wins. The race officials have final say.
- Cars must cross the finish line in one piece to win the race and advance to the next round.
- There must be NO gas, battery, electric, wind-up or powered motors of any kind attached to the car. Fire works and explosives are prohibited.
- Entries are submitted by age group:
Little Kids 10 and Under
Middle Kids 11-18
Big Kids Over 18
- Entries will be judged in the following classes:
- Fastest Car- First one to the bottom wins!
- Best in Show: Creativity
- Best in Show: People’s Choice